Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 23

Melinda had another good day. Melinda's back is getting stronger and she is able to sit up straighter and not fall over. Melinda had a good session with PT this morning. It is difficult for Melinda to walk even with the help of 2 therapists because she is very weak and this causes her extreme pain. PT decided to use the treadmill so she could walk. They used a harness that is above the treadmill and then they raised her body up to where she could stand on both legs. Melinda was able to walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes. Yea!! The good news is she was lifting and stepping with her right leg 50% of the time. This is the leg that wouldn't move at all. ST gave Melinda thickened Dr. Pepper and applesauce and she loved it. Her voice is getting stronger and this morning she said she wanted out of here. I asked, where do you want to go? I want to go to the mall. I said keep working hard and we will and she said yes. OT stretched her right arm and fingers and this is very painful because all her muscles and tendons are tight and this feels like a pulled hamstring. Melinda is working very hard and getting stronger and GOD is answering our prayers and we are so thankful!!

3 comments:

  1. WooHoo!!! You keep working hard and you will be out of there. I miss you Sister Sue! Hugs and Kisses from all of us Leann, Bryan, and Britany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda,

    I am SO glad to learn you are dong better. Keep up the good fight and before you know it you will be home. That will make so many people happy including Alecia. She visits with me on my front porch in the evenings and ALWAYS mentions you.

    Think of you each day..
    Love,
    Ruth Murray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melinda!
    I saw you last weekend and I painted your toes the blue color you picked, put on some make-up, and fixed your hair. I crawled in bed with you and we read a book 3 times! It was the most wonderful weekend, I am so proud of you because you are working hard. I love you so very much. Keep up the good work and I will see you next weekend :)


    hi this is andrew i miss you i love you see you.


    whats up melinda its Jordan i love you and i just hope you get better and im here to suport you and i will come every chance i get so i miss you and love. so see you next time i get to:]

    ReplyDelete