Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11

Melinda had another busy day. She is working hard in all her therapies. She's dressing her self better and really trying to use her right hand. In PT, she is working on her hips, balancing and standing by herself. Melinda is doing some alphabetizing and memorizing in Speech therapy. Dr. Smith said, "Melinda's UTI infection is a little resilient to the antibiotic and she will take bactrim another 7-10 days." The doctor said, "I won't be doing a skin test to take her out of isolation, because it will just come back positive, and Melinda won't be able to do aquatics therapy." Everyone is saying that Melinda will really benefit a lot in aquatic therapy. Melinda aspirated on thin liquids and didn't pass her swallowing test. She did upgrade from drinking honey thickness to nectar thickness. ST - Jenny said, "Melinda's throat muscles are still weak because of the neck brace." We will keep talking to the doctor about taking the neck brace off. Melinda enjoyed the pool therapy. She worked on balance and walking.

Melinda wants to say a few words.....Thank you for all the prayers for me, without your prayers I would not be here today. Thank you for the letters, cards, visits and all the love and support I have received. This helped me stay strong. I love you all and I can't wait to go home. Hope to see you all soon! Love, Melinda Rae

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome, Melinda. I thank you, too, because you helped me stay strong, too. I know that I would not have made it this far if you were not here and not staying strong yourself. We love you very much, Melinda and we are so proud of you. Hugs and Kisses from me, Bryan, and Britany

    ReplyDelete