Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3

Melinda had a great day and is doing well. We are waking up at 7:30 to get dressed and eat breakfast. Melinda is not a morning person. She is getting plenty of sleep, but still tires easily. PT is really working hard to get Melinda's back and trunk stronger. The walker(rjo) was able to help her walk, but she wasn't using her hips to stand tall. She was using her upper body to hold her self up. Melinda tried the parallel bars and did great. She is having to work harder to walk and has to use her legs to support her body. PT is showing her how to shift her hips from side to side, so each leg will support her body to take steps. She walked 20 steps by her self. Yea! The therapist(2) helped her shift her hips and move her right leg. PT said, "We are going to teach Melinda how to dance." Speech started Melinda on a memory book. All the therapist write what they did in their session with her on each day. Melinda will be reading this book over and over to help retain memory. She remembers only in the moment. ST said, "She will test Melinda on eating a cracker." If she does well chewing and swallowing, she will change the texture of her food. Yea! Melinda will be a step closer to eating regular foods and water. Dr. Smith said, "We should hear something about her back/neck tomorrow." The neuro doctor might want an MRI if he isn't satisfied with the CT scan. Yes! God is truly answering our prayers. Melinda is God's miracle, not once but twice. Continue to pray for Melinda to give her the strength to keep fighting this battle. Thank you for all your support, thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. My bones are weary from fret and concern. My bodyweakens with every tear. My bed becomes my God on the worst days. For it is there where I seek comfort rather than your arms. What I'm doing is seeking within for strength that only comes from you. Love you Greg & Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are a wonder, Matt said you looked great, and he was sure glad to see you. When you get home and out and about, come over and I'll cook my famous bacon spaghetti, bring your wonderful mom. I do so want to meet her. Thanks to her, I get to see God's wonders everyday. We are so proud of you. In Gods hands and our prayers always. Velma & Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can endure for this moment,
    whatever is happening,
    No matter how heavy my heart,
    or how dark the moment may be.
    If I can but keep on believing,
    what I know in my heart to be true.
    Then darkness will fade into morning,
    and with this dawn a new day, too.

    We love you, Melinda and we are praying for you. Hugs and Kissses from me, Bryan, and Britany

    ReplyDelete