Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fri. and Weekend

Melinda is getting stronger everyday. ST - Jenny ordered Melinda to receive 3 meals a day. She is enjoying eating again, even if it is pureed. Melinda said, "Aunt Stacey I will give you a hug, if she give me a piece of cake." We all had a good laugh! Melinda is funny and has a great sense of humor. In PT, she walked with the walker(rjo) and beat her record of 124 steps. She walked 150 steps and wanted to quit because we thought she was in pain. We got her sat back down in her wheelchair and PT - Teresita asked, "What is the worst thing about walking?" She said, "The shorts, you give me wed-gees!" Again we all laughed!! Dr. Smith is waiting for the neurosurgeon to call back with the results of the Ct scan of her back. The pulmonary doctor ordered her breathing treatments to 4 times a day, instead of 6. Melinda said, "she will be coming home in 1 month!" "I have faith, that through God, anything is possible!" Please continue to pray for Melinda and Jon. Thank you and God Bless!!

3 comments:

  1. You made my weekend, Melinda! I missed talking and laughing with you, I think that was the most I laughed in a long time. It was so much fun, Melinda, and I can't wait until the next time. :) You are the best sister in the whole world and I am so thankful. We are praying for and we are always here thinking about you. We are moving along with you. Hugs and Kisses from me, Bryan, and Britany

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! It sounds great! To hear her voice again must be awesome, especially to know she kept her sense of humor. Sure it will be a long road to full recovery, but she sure is making leaps and bounds right now! Sometimes it might be hard to see or maybe to realize just how huge it is to be able to ask for something instead of just blink once for no and twice for yes in such a short time. God truly is hearing our prayers. May God continue to bless you too, Christie, with strength, stamina and resilience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel I believe you will be going home in a month God willing "You can do it" I'm so proud of you and it was nice talking to you the other day Loved it Love you Greg & Brenda

    ReplyDelete