Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 5

Melinda woke up with a headache and was really tired. She had difficulty getting through her morning therapies. PT Teresita said, "Melinda seems tired and looks pale this morning ." They checked her heart rate and it showed to be a little high. The therapist decided to change their schedule to start later in the afternoon to give Melinda a downtime nap. She woke up rested, had lunch and was ready to get back to work. We met Amy from recreational therapy today, and she will be doing some fun things with Melinda twice a week. Melinda pushed a shopping cart in PT. The therapist, Teresita and Dora only helped shift her hips and help the right leg step, if needed. As I was watched Melinda walk down the hall, her eyes bright and she was smiling from ear to ear. I am so proud of her! The struggles that she endures every day, and never complains. A mother's love of a child is like no other. It's hard watching your child struggle with every thing. How easy it would be if we could kiss the pain away and make everything okay. I know God feels our pain and knows what we are going through. I have comfort, knowing my faith in God is strong and with each day the pain is less and the day is brighter. Continue to pray for Melinda and Jon to give them strength to endure the many hours of therapy. Thank you for your prayers and all the love and support! God Bless!!

2 comments:

  1. I say a prayer for you
    In my heart each day,
    I thank the Lord up above
    For sending you my way.

    In money I may have nothing
    In caring and compassion I do,
    I'm here if you ever need my ear
    Just maybe someone to be there for you.

    If you're feeling all alone
    In the depths of despair,
    Here's a hand for you to grasp
    Please, know that I care.

    I pray you are safe and well
    That your aches and pains are few,
    I pray you find Jesus Christ
    Who will make you brand new.

    I pray you're warm and well fed
    That all your bills are paid on time,
    That you have love and laughter
    Never a mountain you can't climb.

    I pray for you to be cheerful
    To brighten up another day,
    To share a touch of joy
    God's blessings on you all the way.

    We love you, Mom. Times do get rough, but there is always somebody right in front of you, whoever it may be, standing there for you to lean on and to bring you joy when you are going through despair. Look at the positive and don't let anything bring you down, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it any better Beautiful Leann We love you "Pickle" Be home before you know it

    ReplyDelete