Monday, June 1, 2009

6/1/09 update

Melinda had a really good night and all vitals stable. Melinda continued to have a good morning. This is great news! Melinda's hemoglobin is a little low at 8.9 and normal hemoglobin is 9 and above. Melinda is having blood drawn every morning to monitor her levels. If Melinda's hemoglobin drops to 8 she may have to have some units of blood like she received 2 weeks ago.

The physical therapist came in this morning and tried a few commands with Melinda. The therapist asked Melinda to move her left foot and she did on command. Therapist continued to ask Melinda to move her left leg, right foot and right leg and she did on command. Praise the Lord! Melinda's therapist said she is improving and progressing and is doing a great job.

This afternoon a different therapist wanted to sit Melinda up on the edge of the bed. I got to help the therapist sit Melinda up and this was so awesome. Melinda continues to track and look around more and more and the therapist is pleased with her progress. Melinda only sat up for 5 minutes when her pelvis started hurting so we put her back in bed to rest.

Dr. Huff came in and reviewed Melinda and is very pleased with her progress. Dr. Huff said she is doing a lot better than she was last week. Dr. Huff changed the ventilator to pressure support 15 again to try and wean Melinda off the vent.

Dr. Smith came in and said the medicines are working for Melinda to get her to wake up. Melinda is still in the fog but is doing better with each day. Dr. Smith reviewed physical therapies notes and is pleased she is moving both legs and is more active.

Before I left Melinda this evening she was resting peacefully and her vitals were all good. Please pray that Melinda will have a peaceful night and that all her vitals are stable.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Melinda! I am so happy that you are showing great signs, I have faith in you.
    Melinda, you are my sister, which is one of the nicest things I have been given. You are someone to laugh with and share with, to work with and just have fun with.
    You are someone who helps in the rough times and knows when I need a warm smile.
    You are someone who will quietly listen when I just want to talk for awhile.
    You are so dear to me always, for you are someone who is always a part of all the favorite memories that I keep very close to my heart. You are a special person, Melinda. You are special in alot of ways and I hope you know that. I love you with all my heart.
    Melinda, having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.
    You will always be here for me and I will always be here for you. Hugs, kisses, and prayers
    From Bryan, Britany, and I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis, its a wonderful thing to hear that you are making such progression, Thumbs up.. I love you and miss you way lots and continue to pray that the Good Lord take care of you and help you through everyday. Just want you to know that we are all thinking about you and praying for you. Love Ya Always Krystal Jamie and Quenten

    ReplyDelete