Friday, June 5, 2009

6/5/09 update

Praise the Lord! Melinda had a great night and an awesome day. Melinda's blood pressure only got high a few times today and it seemed to be right before she was to receive her medicine. Melinda felt good all day and she was more alert than yesterday.

The nurse and I have been explaining to Melinda what has happened to her and this has calmed her down a lot. The nurse removed Melinda's restraints on her arms for a few minutes and Melinda's left hand would creep up to touch the wires and vent hoses. The nurse explained to Melinda that she could not pull on them and that all this stuff on her is not forever and I believe she understood.

Dr. Huff said Melinda is doing good and the pressure support on the ventilator was dropped to 7. Dr. Huff said there will not be any changes through the weekend.

Physical therapy worked with Melinda and sat her up on the edge of the bed. Melinda is getting a little bit stronger but still has a long recovery ahead of her. Melinda's brain injury has affected her right side and she will need a lot of rehab to get that side working. I got to hug Melinda and put my arms around her and could not stop kissing her and Melinda took her left arm and hugged me back. That was so amazing!!!

God is working a miracle right before our eyes and he is an amazing god. I don't question why this has happened, only that Melinda is gods child and god has unselfishly given her back to me.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers and god bless.

3 comments:

  1. Melinda,
    The tears running down my face, this time, are "Happy Tears". I am so happy that our God is showing us His miracles. You are God's miracle, Melinda. I know that you are hurting and you are wondering where your family is, but they're not far. You don't put that stress on your body. You relax and let God take care of you. Put your trust in His hands and let Him heal you. I love you, Smile!
    Hugs and Kisses from
    Leann, Bryan, and Britany :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis amazing indeed, Today is another step farther than yesterday.. Good Job. Im really proud of you, Wish i could be holding your hand every step of the way, But soon enough I will see you. I love and miss you so much, Im making you a cd hope you will like it, I will send it in a few days, Keep staying strong and letting God heal you, Your a fighter, Quenten sends his love to his auntie. Melinda my prayers are with you everyday... I love you Sister Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mo Im so glad your getting better I hope that I can come see you soon I thank god that your alright I miss You MO remember your the cheese to my macaroni :) I will come see you as sooonn as i can get out of worrk i promise!!

    ReplyDelete