Thursday, May 14, 2009

Update

5/14/09

Melinda had problems with her trachea again on Tuesday with it not sealing and air leaking around it so on Wednsday morning they put in another trachea. This one was a longer one so the balloon would position correctly and seal off. The longer trachea worked well and she sounded much better. She seemed to rest much better yesterday and her respiration rate came down so she did not have to work as hard breathing. Melinda rested most of the day other than her movement therapy and breathing treatments.

We went to a couple of other long term acute care facilities yesterday and toured them. Melinda should be moving to one soon. There they will work with her and she will get more stimulation to help her to wake up. She is improving every day and we thank God for that. Keep the prayers going and believe that she will make a complete recovery.

"Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment