Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update

5/23/09

Praise god Melinda had a great night. Throughout the day Melinda's blood pressure and respiratory rate was up high. Melinda was given blood pressure medicine to bring it down. Melinda continued to have high vitals and was given lortab. Around 5:00 p.m. Melinda's vitals were good and she was resting peacefully.

I was stretching Melinda's tendons in her ankle and bending her knee to give her some exercise and Melinda was pushing against me and locking up her leg. Melinda did not want me messing with her. Melinda had her beautiful eyes open as I was singing to her and I feel like she is trying to recognize me. Melinda continues to take baby steps and it is amazing to see her progress every day. Melinda continues to do commands with family, nurses and doctors and everyone that knows Melinda knows she does not know a stranger.

Please continue to pray for Melinda. Thank you for all the comments that are expressed for Melinda on her blogspot and all the thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Moe Im so proud of you. I miss you liek you wouldn't believe. I pray for you like crazy. I love you and miss you very very very much. Cant wait to come see you. Love you and miss you. Your best friend gossip buddy and BACKBONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie, I know from being a caregiver, that the days seem endless. I'll keep praying for Melinda to keep taking those babysteps and I'll keep praying for you for God to give you strength and peace. Stay strong. Your cousin, Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi,

    So glad to hear Melinda is doing better...Hope and pray she inproves with each day. All OK here. Tell Alecia that Lady rolled over on her back so I rubbed her tummy!!! Anything I can do, let me know.

    Love,
    Ruth M.

    ReplyDelete