Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update

5/19/09

Sorry for not updating yesterday. We got in late from seeing Melinda.

Melinda had a good day yesterday and today. We visited with Melinda's doctor today and told him Melinda opens her eyes spontaneously and follows voices with her eyes. Melinda is moving her left hand and tries to pull at her ventilation hoses and tubes. Melinda's doctor says this is good for she is doing this purposely.

Melinda is feeling better since she received her pints of blood and antibiotics. Melinda is not so sluggish but still tires easily from all the activity she receives. Melinda is being turned on her right side, left side and then on her back every 2 hours to keep her lungs clear. The respiratory therapist says her lungs are a little course and continues to receive breathing treatments.

Melinda is receiving physical therapy once a day. Melinda does not like anyone touching her arms and hands. Physical therapy is having a hard time working with Melinda. They are giving her some medicine to relax her arms. Melinda is definitely showing her stubbornness. Melinda has been referred to a doctor from Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation that specializes in brain injuries and rehab.

Melinda continues to take baby steps in her recovery. Please continue to pray for Melinda that god will restore her.

5 comments:

  1. Sissy, you are doing a great job. You hang in there ok. I love you so much and even though I am not with you there as much as I want to be, it doesn't mean I am not with you at heart. I know you miss me and I know I miss you. We will soon see each other. I love you so so much, Melinda. You get better. Hugs and Kisses Sissy Leann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pickle Man I like that name ha ha Melinda"May God's peace be with you today and everyday as you keep improving, We thank our mighty Lord" Love YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey miss Moe. I get to come see you tomorrow. I miss you more than you could ever believe. Now that its summer I will be able to be up there with you so much more. I can wait for you to wake up. I love you so much girly.
    Love your best friend gossip buddy and BACKBONE.
    Courtney Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda you are still in my prayer. Get stronger and move back home as soon as possible. Gene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christie, I hope the doctor from Jim Thorpe is Dr Shawn Smith. He is a really good doctor but it seems like they all are from there. We have a person we are praying for that their daughter had a skiing accident over Spring break and they are their right now. We will pray that God direct and light your paths. Christie, stay strong and trust me I know there are going to be days when you feel like you can't go on. Let God carry you on those days and renew your strength for the next day. Keeping you lifted up, Cheri

    ReplyDelete