Sunday, May 17, 2009

Update

5/17/09 Evening

Melinda's blood was drawn today and the results came back that her hemoglobin was low. Melinda's doctor ordered her 2 pints of blood and she is receiving today. Melinda continues to take antibiotics to clear her blood and urinary infections. The doctor informed us that with these infections she will be sluggish and unresponsive. Melinda has had a low grade fever all day and her blood pressure is a little high but she was given blood pressure medicine to bring it down.

The nurse informed us that Melinda needs some rest today and requested we limit our visits. Melinda should have a busy day with all of her therapies tomorrow. We will keep you updated on her progress.

8 comments:

  1. Melinda continues to be in my prayers daily. Tonight at my small group meeting from church we prayed for her and your whole family. Thank you so much for your updates. Is the long term facility that Melinda is at in the OKC area?
    Love you guys and remembering you in my prayers.
    Lisa Breshears

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lisa
    This is Melinda's sister, Leann
    To answer your question...It is in Oklahoma City, it is next to the Babtist Hospital. It seems to be a nice place. Thank you for praying with your church group. That makes me feel good, because I know that the only thing that can cure her is prayers. I am so thankful that there are people everywhere praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie, I need your address so I can send you something. If Melinda is at Select please call me there are things I can tell you that will help. Your cousin, Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, my email is dcboyer@sbcglobal.net or my phone number is 580-227-0313. Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melinda,
    I love you and miss you sooo much. I think about and pray for you constantly. I love you. Your gossip buddy best friend and BACKBONE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melinda,
    I love you very, very, very much! Shelby, Jordan, Caleb, and Andrew all say HI and that they love and miss you! We pray for you everyday all day and want you to keep fighting! I am going to come and see you soon. I can't wait because this time I get to talk to you and kiss your pretty face! I will see you soon Melinda Diehl Pickle!
    Aunt Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you, Melinda Mess Maker! I miss you and am looking forward to seeing you. Bryan and Britany miss you, too. Britany gets excited everytime she sees your picture on the computer...lol I love you so much Sissy Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that Stacey Melinda diehl Pickle Melinda "Remember to put your trust in God & let him show you the way" We LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete