Saturday, May 30, 2009

5/30/09 update

I arrived at the hospital this morning and the nurse said Melinda is resting peacefully now. Melinda's blood pressure was a little elevated and the nurse gave Melinda her pain medicine to bring it down. Melinda will be receiving her pain medicine every 8 hours. The nurse said no stimulation for Melinda today and that this will be a resting day. Melinda's lights were turned off and the blinds closed all day to let her rest.

This afternoon the doctor ordered the ventilator to pressure support to let Melinda breath on her own. Melinda could only handle 45 minutes of breathing on her own when her blood pressure started to rise. The ventilator was changed back to help Melinda breath. The nurse said not to worry that they will try again tomorrow.

Melinda is getting more active with moving her arms and legs and is trying to fully wake up. Melinda is feeling the pain in her back fracture and broken pelvis a lot these last few days and this could possibly be the cause of her blood pressure going up.

Please continue to pray that Melinda will have a good day. GOD BLESS.

1 comment:

  1. Melinda, I pray that God will let me take your pain, because I hate seeing you in pain. I never wanted my sisters to get hurt. I hate it, Melinda...I hate this and I don't want you to have to go through this anymore. This has torn me up so badly; I need you, I want you to get up out of bed and just say "ok, it's over with." I can't wait to see you, Sissy Melinda
    I love you
    Sissy Leann

    ReplyDelete