Friday, May 1, 2009

update

5-1-09

Melinda had a really good night. They continue to monitor her brain and looks like the pressure is going down and has been improving the last 2 days. During the night Melinda spiked a fever. This is expected because of her pneumonia, She will receive the specific antibiotic today to start clearing the infection in her lungs. The neurosurgeons came to see Melinda this morning and looked at her stats and concluded that she may be ready to be slowly weaned off of the sedation and medication to see how she responds. Please continue to pray for Melinda.

3 comments:

  1. Christie,
    Thank you so much for creating this blog to keep us all updated. Fran told me what happened, I am so sorry! I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through. Melinda is in my prayers as well as you and the rest of the family.
    Lisa Breshears

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that Melinda is improving even if it is just a little bit each day. I have had her on my prayer list since the accident and I know that God will hear our prayers and she will be just fine in His time. Thank you so much for the blog and updates. I hope that you will feel the love of many friends during this difficult time for all of you. God Bless,
    Dottie Theriault (Amanda Quinn's grandmother)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Beautiful sister... You are loved more than you will ever know. God is taking good care of you, Sissy. I can't wait to see you open your eyes (:

    ReplyDelete