Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5/26/09 update

Melinda had a peaceful night and her vitals were good since they put her on the sedation. Melinda continued on the sedation throughout the day to rest. OT came and told us since Melinda was still on the sedation they would not be standing her up. They will wait till she is awake and off the sedation.

The doctor came in this afternoon and ordered Melinda to be weaned off the sedation. Melinda's doctor feels she did not come to them with hypertension and probably was neurological. I don't know why Melinda is having problems with her blood pressure. Maybe her brain is healing but her body is not ready. The doctor did not order Melinda off the ventilator today.

Melinda's blood pressure remained stable throughout the day. Melinda was finally weaned off the sedation around 5:00 and around 6:00 she was waking up. Melinda was alert so I turned the TV on and she was watching the Disney channel. I opened up her blinds and she was looking outside at the tree blowing in the wind. About 8:00 this evening Melinda started to get painful looks on her face. I helped the nurse reposition Melinda to a more comfortable position. I was trying to put a pillow under Melinda's knees and I lifted up her right left which has the broken pelvis and she began to cry without any sound. I felt so bad that I hurt Melinda but this is the first time she has cried since the accident and is reacting to pain.
The nurse gave her some tylenol and some pain medicine and she settled down.

God hears our prayers. Amen. Melinda continues to improve every day. Please keep praying.

5 comments:

  1. God, you are good. Heal my sister and give her the strength to keep fighting for recovery. Thank you, God for getting her this far. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, you hang in there, too. She is going to be better before we know it. The man upstairs knows exactly what he's doing so trust him. I love you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melvin, we miss you so much and you are doing so much better so quickly. You were always a fighter ( :
    I'll be down there Friday and Saturday but, then I have to leave Saturday late afternoon for work, yuck. But I can't wait to talk to you. I love you girl, and I miss you fighting me to stay awake at like 2am to talk to you because you never quit talking. Love you and will see you soon fighter ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda is still in my prayers and concern. I am pleased to hear about the progress she is making. I pray God's blessing for her in these difficult days. Gene Spillman

    ReplyDelete