Friday, May 29, 2009

5/29/09 update

Yesterday afternoon occupational therapy strapped Melinda to a bed and stood her up. I feel that Melinda put to much pressure on her broken pelvis and has been in pain since yesterday afternoon.

I arrived at the hospital this morning and the nurse says Melinda's blood pressure was a little high last night. The nurse and I also agreed that Melinda was still in pain. The nurse said Melinda sat in the chair for less than 10 minutes this morning when her blood pressure started to rise. Around 11:00 am Melinda's blood pressure started to rise again. Melinda was given 2 doses of blood pressure medicine and 1 dose of pain medicine. Melinda continued to be uncomfortable and putting her hand on her broken pelvis. Melinda was given another dose of pain medicine and around 2:00 pm her blood pressure came down and Melinda was finally resting. Before we left the hospital tonight Melinda was still resting peacefully.

This afternoon Dr. Britt checked on Melinda and made no changes. They will continue to monitor her blood pressure closely. Dr. Smith said he is changing some medicines to help Melinda relax more. Dr. Smith is very pleased with the progress she is making with occupational therapy. This is very good news!

Please pray that the doctors and nurses can keep Melinda's blood pressure under control.

2 comments:

  1. Christie,

    You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Lets just hope Melinda will improve a little each day...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALECIA!!!

    Love,
    Ruth M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are resting, Melinda
    You are moving a step forward everytime you sleep. I love you more than you will ever know, Melinda. You are my sister and I am so glad I have you. I just can't wait until I get the chance to hug you again. I love you, Melinda
    From your sister Leann

    ReplyDelete